Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Wolfie Redux - The Bashing of Bolton

I thought the world could not hate anyone more than Wolfowitz, I stand corrected. John Bolton is getting near universal condemnation. The only paper to tepidly support Bolton sort is one in the United Arab Emirate that I had never heard of before.
Bolton does deserve the scrutiny, but I do have to defend one of his statements. I don't see anything wrong with his proclamation that no one would miss the top ten floors of the UN. The UN has never been confused for a proficient professional well run organization. If anything Bolton's comment should be applauded. We all need a better UN. A UN that fulfills the promises of its charter and its missions. That can only happen if it waves off its wastrel ways and recommits itself. Kofi Annan is now making the right noises maybe Bolton can keep him honest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home