Monday, October 10, 2005

The Miami Book Fair: Insult to Injury

My hiatus technically remains in effect until tomorrow morning but the list of confirmed authors for the Miami Book Fair is out. For those keeping track we did get to pick one author right, Carlos Alberto Montaner will be making his obligatory appearance. On the depressing side not only is Robert Kaplan not coming, but David Rieff will be there. What I would most like to see at the Fair would be a death match between Don Bohning (The Castro Obsession: U.S. Covert Operations Against Cuba, 1959-1965) and Humberto Fontova (Fidel: Hollywood's Favorite Tyrant). For the record I have not read Bohning's book but I can tell you that Fontova's is pretty bad. There will be some other writers worth seeing but as far as I can tell few that will be discussing topics of interest to our group.

1 Comments:

Blogger theCardinal said...

You'll probably get a chance to see him before I will. You can check out cominganarchy.com for their impressions on meeting him.

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home