Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Kaplantastic Kaplangasm

We waited and we were not disappointed. Curzon at cominganarchy rounds the bases and brings it home...sorry this NL Wild Card thing has me a tad distracted. He also mentions the Bacevitch review in The Nation which said a whole lot more about Bacevitch than it did about Kaplan or Imperial Grunts. As I mentioned somewhere once (I honestly don't recall where) Bacevitch is a latter day Smedley Butler. He is honestly disturbed at seeing men and women who decided to stay in uniform being to be venerated in any way. Maybe he thinks that all soldiers should be treated like he was when he got back from Vietnam?
Bacevitch is also seems obsessed and openly hostile to protestantism. I understand that his Catholic faith is important to him, but why he sees protestants as the bogeymen that threaten our armed forces and our republic is beyond me. By the way as a practicing Catholic who underwent 13 years of Catholic school indoctrination I can assure you that this isn't the faith as it was taught to me. True, the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary did tell me that all you protestants were going to hell but we should be nice to you just the same...I'm kidding...please believe me or Sister Mary of the Angels will rise from the dead and whack me with that blasted yardstick of hers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home