Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Why I Hate the UN: Part 3

I used to have a completely made up number for my "Why the UN Annoys Me" and "Why I Hate the UN" ledes, but I figure that I am going to have so many reasons to gripe about the UN that I can safely commence with an accurate figure. My latest complaint has to do with information that I found on a site, Eye on the UN, apparently associated with the conservative Hudson Institute. Granted I am sure the figures have been massaged somewhat according to their tabulations the top five countries subject to human rights criticism at the UN in 2004 were: Israel, Sudan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Cote d'Ivoire and United States of America (tied). Eye on the UN even has a comparative map with the data that they are used. I understand that some of you may not be huge fans of Israel but how can there be 100 knocks on Israel and honor-killing-no-woman-driving-no-christians-churches-allowed Saudis only called to the table 11 times? Don't even get me started on US.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home